Sports fanatic, you name it I've played it!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Good Morning Well last Friday I was waiting for a phone call and when it did not come I waited Saturday, this phone call was to get my information so the team could sign me and I could play Sunday. So the phone call did not come on Friday but that doesn't mean I did not have a good night. Last Friday was my first dance class back and I showed up early for it because I could not wait to get back. My expectation was that it would be the same group of people as last year and maybe a few minor differences. When Shay came in she got everyone to come into studio one and I was glad because studio one is bigger and seems a little bit nicer than the other studios, and I could not help but notice that there was about double the number of people in this Jazz class as last year. It was pretty awesome having a bigger group, and I was feeling more confident as this is my second year now. Jazz was awesome and it's great to be back, we did alot of stretching and just some across the floor. After Jazz I got ready for Hip-Hop, In this class it seems the other guy did not stay in the class and there were now 24 people in it. Hip-Hop went well and we just did a combo and it was quite fun, It just feels good to be back dancing and nice to see some new faces in the classes that are closer to my age. Saturday I think I did nothing, I believe I kinda sat at home and slept and stuff like that all day. Sunday though I got up and got ready for soccer, I was running a little late and I had to grab some Subway for breakfast. I got to the game still in good time because coach wanted us there 2 hours before the game, when I arrived I had time to finish off my sub, grab my stuff, and walk over to join the group of guys from my team watching the game currently going on. We had a good warm up on the other field, then took our field to get ready for the game, but as I thought I still had not been registered so I could not play. I ended up doing the lines for the game and that gave me a good look at the game, so I was able to yell at my team to try and get them to do things right. At the end of the game we still had not gotten into it and it cost us a 6 - 0 loss because we just could not seem to do anything right. After the game I went home and that was about it for Sunday, so on Monday morning I got up early at 5:00 am to take the bus to work. I arrived at work in great time at 6:30 am so that I could get out at 2:30 pm and would have time to go shopping before soccer practice. Work for me ended nice and early and I was able to catch the bus and get to the mall around 3:00, and once I got there I decided to go visit my brother Jason at London Drugs because I thought he was working. Jason and I enjoyed a nice small chat but I had some shopping to get to, so I took off into the mall in the direction of Sport Check to go buy some under armour. Once I got to the store I walked on in and found the under armour section, for some reason service in the store seemed to be really bad today and it was hard to find someone to open a dressing room for me so I could try on the sizes. Eventually I ended up calling my friend who had under armour of his own, to help me pick out the right one, so I found the last medium for the heat gear turf shirt and bought it. I wore it to soccer practice that night and we geared up for a practice in the rain, we did some practice before we lined up for a scrimmage against the u21 team who practice on the other side of the field. The practice was great and challenging, but good to be playing soccer again. Tuesday I had a regular day at work and got a ride home because I helped some co-workers navigate through some quieter streets to avoid traffic and get to Carnostie golf course. Once I got home I found out some of my friends and my brother were going to these fencing lessons tonight and I decided I would go with them and try it out. The fencing place was very hard to find, and it was quite fun but for some reason I just did not feel like doing it every Tuesday. It seemed like fencing was not for me, I just think I would rather like to wield a broad sword that just screams I am a man, hear me chop things to pieces. This feeling was rather odd coming from the guy that takes Jazz dancing, yeah it struck me as odd too. Well that was that for Tuesday and now on Wednesday I had a regular day at the office and from there I went home. After dinner my brothers and I rushed out the door and off to Table23 improv at Gallaghers Cafe, when we arrived we found all the members were there and they put on one hell of a show. I wanted to buy a t-shirt because I finally had the money for it but they had no mediums left, but Jeff thinks he might have one at his house so I might be able to get one next week. Now we are on to Thursday, today... well so far I have woken up and had to get my soccer gear together because I am going to Metrotown mall after work to spend some time with Dana. After the mall I plan to head to my studio to see if the dvd from our year end show is in, and from there it is a few blocks to soccer practice. On a side note last night I totally forgot my under armour shirt in the washing machine so it never got hung up to dry, so right now I have it hanging behind me in the office so it can dry before tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home